......................................
Have you heard? I've started a separate blog,
The Sugar Sharks, all about our life with Type I Diabetes.
.....................................

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Congregation Shocked by Pastor's Challenge

Wow, this story really blew my mind- I'm not sure how well this would go over if it happened in my church. (I first heard about the story in the forums over at Frugal Village.) A pastor gave each adult $50, and challenged them to use their talents to double it and raise money for their church. People got very creative with the money and raised a lot of money. You can read the full story HERE.

What would you do with the money? If it was me, I'd probably craft something (stamped greeting cards, most likely) to sell. Or maybe I'd make and deliver homemade dinners to families. I'd have to calculate the costs and what I could make the most profit on. It's certainly an intriguing idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment

* Thanks for visiting my blog! * The opinions expressed here are mine. I welcome your comments and discussion, but please, like we tell our children, "use your manners"!