......................................
Have you heard? I've started a separate blog,
The Sugar Sharks, all about our life with Type I Diabetes.
.....................................

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Musical Memoirs: Independence Day songs

This meme is new to me, but I liked this week's theme: Make a mix of at least 10 songs w/or without art that sum up Independence Day for you.

Of course I have to start with: "The Star Spangled Banner" and "America The Beautiful" ... those are no-brainers, right? Then I'd go with some of my favorites:
  • "Courtesy Of The Red, White And Blue (The Angry American)" by Toby Keith
  • "American Soldier" by Toby Keith
  • "God Bless The USA" by Lee Greenwood
  • "Independence Day" by Martina McBride
  • "Born in the USA" by Bruce Springsteen
  • "Letters from Home" by John Michael Montgomery
  • "Have You Forgotten" by Darryl Worley
  • "Only in America" by Brooks & Dunn


I think country music says "patriotic" like no other genre... but I'll be interested to see what songs non-country music fans choose. Check that out here.




3 comments:

  1. Love your list, especially the Springsteen.
    I have a great memory of hearing "God Bless The USA" at a fireworks display in Niceville, FL in the 90's, so it's great to see that in the list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lee Greenwood song chokes me up, but for some reason in my mind it's connected to 9/11, not 7/4. Maybe it was played at a commemorative service I attended. At any rate, it's a great patriotic song and a great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Martina McBride, such a great voice!

    Thanks for playing this week.

    ReplyDelete

* Thanks for visiting my blog! * The opinions expressed here are mine. I welcome your comments and discussion, but please, like we tell our children, "use your manners"!