......................................
Have you heard? I've started a separate blog,
The Sugar Sharks, all about our life with Type I Diabetes.
.....................................

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Back to Life.... Back to Reality.....

Yep, the 80's song Back to Life is now stuck in my head!

I'm baaaackkkk! LOL. We went out of town last week for our first family vacation in several years.... it was great. More details & some pics to come soon... I have to get them uploaded first!

Then we came home to some crazy stuff, including a sick child and my car window being shot out yesterday morning... so I had to miss work. The window was shot with a BB Gun, some time between 7am, when my husband left, and 9am, when I went out to my car. We believe my husband being a Police Sergeant has something to do with it, as nobody else in the city was hit, and we live in a (normally) safe, quiet neighborhood.

So, instead of going to work, I spent my day on the phone with insurance, making a police report, and entertaining a sick boy for two hours in an all-glass showroom.... the place that replaced our car window didn't have a seperate waiting area. Ugh.

On the positive side, though, our insurance people were great-- they got us an appointment for the replacement window within two hours of the time I first called with the claim... AND they were very friendly. I was pretty pleased with that. It made a not-so-great situation a lot easier to deal with, that's for sure!


SO... things have just been crazy IRL around here, and my poor blog has been neglected. I'm home again today with the sick boy, but he's perked up quite a bit, and it looks like he's going to be content to play quietly today.

Right now, I'm off to vent my frustrations from yesterday into some deep cleaning of my house... since I'm unexpectedly "free" today (supposed to be at work), this seems like a good time to do that. Here's hoping that today is much less eventful than yesterday! :)

4 comments:

  1. Wow! What an unpleasant way to start the day! I'm glad you got it all worked out and replaced. It's good to hear your little one is feeling better and you both survived the showroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. insurance... you hate to need it, but you're always glad when it's there. may i ask which insurance company was so good to work with?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope today was better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, no! Now the song is stuck in my head! I can't believe your window was shot out. That's awful!

    ReplyDelete

* Thanks for visiting my blog! * The opinions expressed here are mine. I welcome your comments and discussion, but please, like we tell our children, "use your manners"!