Amy's Super Easy Tortilla Soup1 13oz can cooked chicken
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 can fire-roasted tomatoes/peppers (the "fire-roasted" part makes a big difference in flavor)
1 can Mexicorn
1/2 cup salsa (I eyeball this and sometimes use more)
1 can chicken broth OR chicken rice soup
several shakes of Garlic Pepper (love the McCormick California Style Garlic Pepper)
several shakes of black pepper
Throw it all in a big soup pot and simmer a while (or in crockpot on low 3-4 hours). I garnish my bowl with shredded cheddar and croutons- my husband adds diced jalapenos to his.
Sometimes I use leftover chopped chicken... sometimes I use mushroom soup... sometimes add onions...sometimes I just use a can of diced tomatoes with no spice if the kids will be eating it... I pretty much just make it with whatever is on hand!
|click the button to share your own menu|
- MONDAY: new recipe: crockpot French Dip Sandwiches, homemade oven fries, sliced tomatoes
- TUESDAY: crockpot ravioli, tossed salad, garlic bread
- WEDNESDAY: leftovers or something from the freezer
- THURSDAY: my very own recipe for General Tso's Chicken with stir-fried veggies and rice (kids will have Sweet and Sour sauce on theirs) We didn't get to this meal last week.
- FRIDAY: buffalo chicken salads or sandwiches (grilled chicken tenders coated in our favorite wing sauce-- piled on a giant salad or in a bun, depending on our mood and what's on hand) with lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, etc.
- SATURDAY: It's Pizza Night here every Saturday- we pretty much always have some variety of homemade pizza and tossed salad.