......................................
Have you heard? I've started a separate blog,
The Sugar Sharks, all about our life with Type I Diabetes.
.....................................

Friday, April 13, 2007

Is God pretend?

Yesterday's conversation at the kitchen table:

DD: "Since nobody else is here (sitting at the table with her) I don't have to pray."

Me: "Yes, you do. God is always here, honey. He can still hear you."

DD, looking all around the room: "Where? Where is God?"

Me: "You can't see him, but he's here."

DD: "Is he invisible?"

Me, trying to hurry her along: "Yes. Now say your prayers and eat, we have to get to the store."

DD: "If he's invisible then he's just pretend, Mommy... he's not real."

Me: "Yes, God is real. You just can't see him. He's all around us."

DD: "Where? Where is God? Can I have a tea party with him?"

And so we began the conversation that would basically go in a circle for the next hour. God was sitting at the table having a snack with her, God had tea with her doll, and God flew around the room. I guess overall that's not a bad way to look at him... our invisible friend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

* Thanks for visiting my blog! * The opinions expressed here are mine. I welcome your comments and discussion, but please, like we tell our children, "use your manners"!