......................................
Have you heard? I've started a separate blog,
The Sugar Sharks, all about our life with Type I Diabetes.
.....................................

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Still No Costumes ::sigh::

Today we went to not one, not two, but three Halloween costume stores in our city... and still we have not gotten a Halloween costume for DD. She's hard to fit (very tall), and some of the costumes in her size are just way too revealing for a 4 year-0ld... and I refuse to pay $40-50 for something she'll just be wearing for a few hours. So, now we're leaning towards creating a costume out of the full body black velvet bodysuit that was given to her in a bag of hand-me-down clothes... probably a kitty.

As for me, I haven't decided yet. I always wear a costume to work (nursing home) and usually it's something I make. Last year I went as a scarecrow. This year I'm considering going as a blue crayon (using a blue jumpsuit from DH's closet & making a pointy hat of cardboard) or maybe as a bag of jellybeans (balloons inside clear garbage bags). Then again, I just read an idea somewhere online to take a cheap laundry basket, cut leg holes in the bottom, and put a helium balloon on your head with strings to the basket... creating a hot air balloon. I thought that was pretty creative!

DS was easy... all the costumes in the 12-month size are adorable! We got him an inexpensive furry puppy outfit.

And DH? Well, he'll be dressing as a cop, same as every other day, since he has to work. ;)


Here's a fun quiz if you need ideas:

Your Halloween Costume Should Be

Candy Corn
So, what will your family be dressing up as this year?


It's Breast Cancer Awareness month! Have you done your breast self-exam this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment

* Thanks for visiting my blog! * The opinions expressed here are mine. I welcome your comments and discussion, but please, like we tell our children, "use your manners"!