The tool that makes me function better as a mom? Well, it happens to be the same one that makes me function better as a part-time employee. I'm talking about my beloved Google Calendar.
The Google Calendar lets you set up multiple calendars in different colors, which you can view all at once, or, you can just view the calendar you need. So, I have one for home, one for my staffing at work, and one for my work schedule. I can click on any day, week, or month and see at a glance whatever information I need-- do I need to balance out my work schedule against my DD's soccer practice? Two clicks, and I can see both schedules at once.
Among my favorite features:
- You can share your calendar(s) with anyone you choose. You can also give them, or not, the authority to post events on the calendar(s).
- You can access the calendar(s) from any computer.
- You can synch your main calendar with Outlook if you use that elsewhere.
- You can have the calendar appear as a widget on your iGoogle homepage. This is so handy for me- when I open my internet browser, the calendar is right there so I can see at a glance anything that is scheduled for the day.
- Did I mention that it's FREE?
Well, enough of my "commercial"- take a peek at the Google calendar and see if it's the right tool for you. It definitely makes my life easier!