- Sign up for Cashbaq (all that's required is your email & a password) and you are automatically credited $5.
- Order an Entertainment Book through Cashbaq's link (located on the lower right side of the main page), and you will receive another $10 in your Cashbaq account. My understanding is that the credit will appear once the transaction has cleared with your credit card company.
- Since the Entertainment Book for my area was discounted to $19.50 with free shipping, this was a good deal. I've paid full price for this book in the past, and found it to be well worth the full price cost of $30-35!
- But wait... it got even better. If you check "automatic renewal" on the Entertainment site, you get another $5 off. I hesitated a little on this one, worried that the automatic renewal might be difficult to cancel. But in the end I decided to go for it-- I don't have a problem marking things "return to sender" if they give me any trouble next year!
- Final out of pocket cost: $14.50.... but I'll get a $10 credit on Cashbaq for this purchase, plus my $5 credit for joining, meaning that I basically got it for FREE! Edited to add: earlier I'd posted this, happily reporting that my cost was only $4.50, but forgetting that the additional credit actually made it free! I actually made $.50 on the purchase!
As I said, full credit for this deal goes to Wendi- I'm just sharing it here because it was such a bargain for my family. I'd been waiting around for a good deal on this year's Entertainment Book, and this is the best deal I've found anywhere.
From the little bit of poking around I did on the Cashbaq site, I think I'm going to find a lot of other bargains there, too. You can choose to be paid by check or by Paypal, and they seem to have deals with many of the stores I regularly visit online.
NOTE: In the interest of full disclosure: yes, I get a few cents if you join Cashbaq through my link-- that's why it's linked up every time I mention it! ;)