......................................
Have you heard? I've started a separate blog,
The Sugar Sharks, all about our life with Type I Diabetes.
.....................................

Monday, February 2, 2009

My Thrifty Monday

Mondays are my favorite day to go thrifting- DS and I head out for the afternoon when DD gets on the kindergarten bus. My favorite local thrift store offers a deal on Mondays- anything tagged with the color of the day is only $.50. It's a great store normally, with better prices than Goodwill, but on Mondays it's even better. Then, if I have time, I head a few miles past that store and hit up another good thrift store, which offers 25% off on Mondays.



At the first store today I got: 3 pairs of *maternity pants (*Those are for my SISTER, not me! Do you think thrifted maternity clothes counts as a birthday present?!), a skirt, a raincoat for DS, a t-shirt for DS, a pair of overalls for DD, soccer shorts for DD, and two blouses for myself. Grand total? $9.32! I was very happy with that trip!


The second store wasn't as good, and it was very crowded today, which was frustrating. Still, I didn't make out too badly there... a pair of denim capris ($2.99) and a spring sweater for myself ($1.99), a pair of Winnie the Pooh overall shorts for DD ($.99), a pair of Osh Kosh overall shorts for DS ($.69), a Raggedy Ann tin ($.09), and a small Cookie Monster toy ($.09) that DS picked out (not pictured). The tin will go in the kids' bathroom upstairs, which is decorated in Raggedy Ann & Andy. The small toy? Well, let's just say that .09 was well spent in keeping DS occupied in the cart while I shopped! :)


After thrifting I ran through the WalGreen's drive-through to pick up a prescription, and then I hit CVS for a few deals. Come back tomorrow to see how my CVS deals went... and in the meantime, I'd love to hear about YOUR latest thrift store finds!

2 comments:

  1. I don't see any wool sweaters LOL. I hope to get to our Goodwill tomorrow and find some pants to make into skirts WooHoo. Let me know when you can teach me the CVS stuff :)

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy! Thanks for entering my give away!

    I was just catching up on your blog and saw your thrift store post. Please come back tomorrow and add it to my Mr. Linky party. I have a few thrift finds myself.

    ReplyDelete

* Thanks for visiting my blog! * The opinions expressed here are mine. I welcome your comments and discussion, but please, like we tell our children, "use your manners"!