......................................
Have you heard? I've started a separate blog,
The Sugar Sharks, all about our life with Type I Diabetes.
.....................................

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Menu Plan Mon...errr...Tuesday

OK, the holiday threw me off a day... better late than never, though, here's my plan for the rest of the week:
  • TUESDAY: crockpot lasagna, tossed salad, dinner rolls
    • Confession: tonight's "lasagna" is totally an experiment! I'm using up some things I have on hand: dry spinach ravioli, a giant can of tomato puree, a pound of browned sausage, a can of diced tomatoes, about a cup of cottage cheese, and shredded cheddar cheese. I layered all of that in my crockpot and turned it on low around 1pm.
    • 6pm update: success! It came out yummy! My two year old actually cleaned his plate, which is very rare. :) Next time I think I would puree the cottage cheese (the lumps don't look nice but taste fine)... otherwise, I would make this one again. I love it when my experiments work out!
  • WEDNESDAY: breakfast for supper: bacon, eggs, and pancakes
  • THURSDAY: chicken tacos (chicken pieces + taco seasoning + salsa, cooked in the crockpot all day and served in tortillas with cheese, lettuce, etc.)
  • FRIDAY: smoked sausage, alfredo noodles, steamed broccoli (kids' request meal)

3 comments:

  1. YUM!! Friday's dinner-set an extra spot. I'll be there. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a really good plan! I'm going to be looking for more crockpot recipes for the summer: I don't like to use the oven in hot weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love breakfast for dinner around here too. Usually I will make homemade drop biscuits, sausage gravy, and eggs. If we have turkey bacon I will throw that in as well since the littles don't like the gravy (except Christian who will just about anything including cat food LOL)

    ReplyDelete

* Thanks for visiting my blog! * The opinions expressed here are mine. I welcome your comments and discussion, but please, like we tell our children, "use your manners"!