......................................
Have you heard? I've started a separate blog,
The Sugar Sharks, all about our life with Type I Diabetes.
.....................................

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

WFMW: Strawberry Pie

This week's Works For Me Wednesday is a themed edition: Summer Recipes. I immediately thought of this quick and easy Strawberry Pie recipe. Before I found this recipe, I'd only ever made Strawberry Pies with that store-bought gel, but I like this much better.




STRAWBERRY PIE
4 cups fresh strawberries (I slice them in half or thirds.)
3/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 (.6 oz) package sugar-free strawberry gelatin (I've also used strawberry-banana flavor.)
1 1/2 cups water
1 graham cracker crust (store-bought or homemade)

Slice berries and place into pie crust. Stir together the sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan, then add water, mix, and bring to a boil. Simmer a few minutes until it begins to thicken. Add gelatin and mix well. Cool the mixture a few minutes, then pour over top the strawberries in the pie crust. Refridgerate until firm (at least 45 minutes before serving).

One of these days I'm going to try this in a chocolate cookie crust.... and maybe add in some sliced bananas, too. At any rate, it's a quick, refreshing dessert, and that definitely works for me!

P.S. If the recipe seems familiar, it's because I originally posted this recipe on my cooking blog on July 28, 2007.

6 comments:

  1. I love strawberry pie! I love anything strawberry lol! thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! This looks easy and VERY summery. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scrumptious! If I may say so!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luscious!

    That's one to bookmark for sure!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you use regular gelatin? I'd love if the sugar free stuff would start using stevia but alas the FDA won't approve it as a sweetner in the US :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! Thanks for leaving that link for me over at Econobusters! This pie looks scrumptious!!

    ReplyDelete

* Thanks for visiting my blog! * The opinions expressed here are mine. I welcome your comments and discussion, but please, like we tell our children, "use your manners"!