......................................
Have you heard? I've started a separate blog,
The Sugar Sharks, all about our life with Type I Diabetes.
.....................................

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Review: Catholic Answers to Common Objections

If you've ever found yourself discussing religion with your protestant friends, at a loss to explain why you believe certain things as a Catholic, then you won't want to miss this CD set! I enjoy a good religious discussion... assuming everyone is willing to debate, not scream... and I was very happy to have the opportunity to review this particular CD set for The Catholic Company.

I listened to the CD's in the car over the course of a couple days, and I found myself nodding my head and talking back several times. :)

Tim Staples answers these questions and more:
  • Why do Catholics call priests “father” when Matthew 23:9 says, “call no man on this earth father, for you have one father in heaven”?
  • How can Catholics claim that a priest can forgive sins when Isaiah 43:25 says God forgives our sins?
  • Why Do Catholics pray to saints when the Bible says we are to pray to God?
  • Why do Catholics fast in public and place ashes on their foreheads during Lent when such practices were condemned by Christ in Matthew 6:16-18?

Each question is answered with numerous scripture references, along with a dialog in common launguage... there are no cryptic religious documents here.

Many questions are answered with full explanations of what protestants think we believe, versus what we really believe, as well as detailed explanations of why protestants may disagree with various beliefs. As such, I think that even non-Catholics would find this interesting to listen to if they would like to learn more about our faith.

If I had any complaints, it would only be that I wish this was a paperback book, rather than a CD set, so that it would be easy to refer to in the future. As a CD, however, it makes for thought-provoking listening material... perfect for an otherwise boring commute to work!

Visit The Catholic Company to find more information on Catholic Answers To Common Objections (CD Set) .

The Catholic Company

1 comment:

* Thanks for visiting my blog! * The opinions expressed here are mine. I welcome your comments and discussion, but please, like we tell our children, "use your manners"!