......................................
Have you heard? I've started a separate blog,
The Sugar Sharks, all about our life with Type I Diabetes.
.....................................

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

WFMW: safe crayon remover

This week's WFMW is a themed edition... we're supposed to share a favorite cleaning tip. The first thing that popped into my mind was something I use all the time-- baking soda. Baking soda makes a perfect natural cleaner, and on top of that, it's cheap-- two qualities that I look for in any cleaning product.

My favorite use for baking soda? Crayon remover! A little baking soda on a damp cloth will easily remove crayon from plastic toys, walls, and floors without any worry of damaging the surface or using harsh chemicals around the kids. If you have a large area of crayon scribbles to remove, make the baking soda into a thick paste with a little water and let it set a few minutes before wiping it off of your surface. This little trick has been a lifesaver for me on more than one occasion when a wayward toddler got ahold of a crayon!

Share your own cleaning tip or maybe learn some new tricks at this week's themed edition of Works for Me Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the comment. I just got finished cleaning the kids' bathroom and of course baking soda was involved!!!! Love the stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving your blog!

    I just started a new blog and would love it if you would stop by! Eliza’s blog

    ReplyDelete

* Thanks for visiting my blog! * The opinions expressed here are mine. I welcome your comments and discussion, but please, like we tell our children, "use your manners"!