......................................
Have you heard? I've started a separate blog,
The Sugar Sharks, all about our life with Type I Diabetes.
.....................................

Monday, September 5, 2011

Menu Plan Monday 9/5

It's another busy week here, so this week's menu is full of quick and easy dishes!


  • MONDAY: eating at my sister's house :)
  • TUESDAY:  grilled brats, macaroni and cheese, fresh tomatoes
  • WEDNESDAY: a new crockpot recipe: chuck roast, an envelope of gravy mix, Italian dressing mix, water.   I'll actually be substituting real Italian dressing and skipping the water- I think that will be fine.   I think we'll shred that and make wraps out of it (lettuce, cheese, etc.) and then have my Tomato Salad (diced tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, Italian dressing) on the side.
  • THURSDAY: My birthday!  Chinese food... either homemade or out to the local buffet.  :)
  • FRIDAY: another new crockpot recipe-- layer: potatoes, smoked sausage, green beans, onions.  It sounds a lot like my favorite way to do ham & green beans in the crockpot, so I'm sure it will be good.  I might add a little chicken broth and some seasonings... we'll see. 
  • SATURDAY:  It's Pizza Night here every Saturday- we pretty much always have some variety of homemade pizza and tossed salad.  I'm actually leaning towards making stromboli this week, but we'll see what everyone is in the mood for by Saturday.
Fix-it And Forget-it 5-ingredient Favorites
The kids and I have been going to the library every Saturday, and this week I checked out  Fix and Forget It: 5 Ingredient Favorites.    That's where both of the above new recipes came from.   I've been a long-time fan of the original, Fix and Forget It and I own a copy of that one.   I've gone through about half of this 5-ingredient one, and I love it!  I found several recipes that I want to try, and most I already have the ingredients for-- they're nothing fancy.  I'd definitely recommend this book if you're a fan of crockpot cooking like I am!  (And no, nobody asked me to say anything about this book... I just am really enjoying it and wanted to share!)

You can share your own menu and get great ideas from others over at Menu Plan Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

* Thanks for visiting my blog! * The opinions expressed here are mine. I welcome your comments and discussion, but please, like we tell our children, "use your manners"!