......................................
Have you heard? I've started a separate blog,
The Sugar Sharks, all about our life with Type I Diabetes.
.....................................

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Resting

If you've been reading here a while, you know that I have dealt with chronic abdominal pain for several years now.  On Thursday, I had yet another surgery for related problems... my 7th surgery over the last eight years. I am hopeful that this will be the very last surgery!

Right now, I'm resting, doing a little reading, and trying really hard not to do anything else... which is really hard!  Why is it that we moms have such a hard time letting others take care of us?  

In other news,  I'm trying the Bible in 90 Days reading plan again.  (Last fall I made it about 1/3 of the way through before I finally gave up.)  

Oh, and perhaps the most exciting news... our family is expecting a new member in about two weeks- a puppy!  We have been looking for a while now, and when a friend of a friend had a litter of Golden Retrievers (which I have always wanted), we decided that this was a perfect fit for our family.  We'll be bringing home our new little puppy as soon as she's weaned, which will be around the end of January.  Clearly I need to rest up and get ready for that! 

Your prayers for my healing and quickly regaining some energy would be appreciated!





No comments:

Post a Comment

* Thanks for visiting my blog! * The opinions expressed here are mine. I welcome your comments and discussion, but please, like we tell our children, "use your manners"!