It's the last week of school- I think we'll be running all week long between ball games and other things. I stuck with tried and true recipes this week, with all ingredients that I already have on hand. A crazy week like this is no time for experimenting!
- MONDAY: CheezIt Chicken Tenders, Peas/Carrots, Noodles My 9 year-old wants to make this dinner herself- the chicken is a favorite of hers! It's easy enough that she'll be able to do it with very little hands-on help from me... just some supervision and help with the stove.
- CheezIt Chicken: This works with any kind of cracker, of course, but CheezIts are our favorite. Sometimes I use a mixture of whatever is on hand. It's a perfect way to use up slightly stale crackers, too! Crush approximately two cups of CheezIts in a large zip-top bag. Beat two eggs and about a tablespoon of water in a medium sized bowl or shallow pan. Use 1-2 lbs. chicken tenders. Dip each tender in the egg mix, then drop it into the bag of crumbs and shake to coat. Bake on a sprayed cookie sheet for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.
- TUESDAY: scrambled eggs, hash browns, bacon
- WEDNESDAY: Crockpot Pizza Joes, French Fries, Salad
- Crockpot Pizza Joes: Combine one pound browned ground beef, one small chopped onion, one small drained can of diced tomatoes, and one can of pizza sauce (or spaghetti sauce). Cook on low 4-5 hours and serve on buns.
- THURSDAY: Crockpot Creamy Italian Chicken over bow tie pasta, green beans
- Crockpot Creamy Italian Chicken: Place one pound of frozen chicken tenders in the crockpot and pour light Italian salad dressing to coat. Cook on low all day. One hour before serving, chop up the chicken with a fork, add salt and pepper to taste, and stir in one brick of light cream cheese and one can cream of chicken soup. Serve over pasta. Can also add in onions, mushrooms, or other veggies of choice.
- FRIDAY: Last day of school! We'll let the kids pick what we have for the celebration dinner that night. I'm guessing they'll want homemade tacos, but we'll see.
What are you cooking this week? Link up at Menu Plan Monday to share your own menu and get ideas from others!
This post may contain sponsored reviews or affiliate links- see my policy here.