My goal: make one big trip to the grocery store, and other than that, only shop for milk and fresh fruit/veggies.
Today I spent a couple of hours going through what I have on hand and browsing recipes to see what all I could put together. From this list, I made out my grocery list for tomorrow, planning to buy as few ingredients as possible for the month.
Meals for the rest of the month (ingredients on hand):
- Taco Pie (using precooked ground beef I've frozen)
- Macaroni and Cheese with Cocktail Weiners (kid favorite, using up a leftover bag of cocktail weiners from New Year's Eve)
- Crockpot Chicken & Broccoli over Rice
pork spare ribs/ sauerkraut in crockpot my potato soup
- meatball subs (frozen meatballs/ spaghetti sauce/ need to make or buy buns)
- eggs/ bacon/ biscuits
- side dish: Broccoli-Bacon Slaw (modifying this recipe a bit to use up the leftover bag of broccoli slaw I had from New Year's Eve... will leave out nuts/ cranberries)
- roast turkey breast (crockpot), stuffing, green beans
- my own "World Famous Chicken Enchiladas" (using leftover turkey instead of chicken) corn, chips and salsa
- my own Crockpot Spaghetti Sauce over ziti pasta *actually I will need one can of tomato sauce to complete this recipe, but I'll get it on my one allowed shopping trip
- Sweet and Sour Chicken (already frozen- made from this recipe) over steamed rice
- Cottage Pie (hamburger/ mashed potatoes/ green beans casserole)
- my homemade vegetable soup in the crockpot
- roast chicken in the crockpot, mashed potatoes, veggie
- chicken and noodles (using leftover chicken)
- homemade pepperoni pizza
- family favorite: Chicken Spaghetti (uses canned chicken, Rotel, and sour cream)
My grocery list includes whatever kinds of meats are on sale/clearance, and from there I'll add more meals.
This post may contain sponsored reviews or affiliate links- see my policy here.