......................................
Have you heard? I've started a separate blog,
The Sugar Sharks, all about our life with Type I Diabetes.
.....................................

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Prayer Request for Grandma

Photobucket Grandma has come to the point where she needs to return to the nursing home, this time for good. Right now Grandma lives in her own home, with my mom, paid caregivers and other family members taking care of her. In the last week, Grandma has had some major mental changes, calling people at all hours of the night and being very nasty to everyone, especially my mom. She's directing most of her anger at my mom, since Mom is the one who is there most of the time. As a nursing home employee myself, I know this is just the disease process that's affecting my normally sweet Grandma. My mom is, understandably, having a really hard time with this. Please pray for both Mom and Grandma as this transition to the nursing home takes place on Monday.

6 comments:

  1. I'll definitely keep y'all in my prayers. This is always so tough on everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, i am sorry Amy....I am going through this with my great grandma..and it is so hard. Not really with anger...but more with just forgetfulness and just not herself. Sending thoughts and prayers your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your grandmother. I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear what your family is facing. I will say a prayer for you, your mom & grandma. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. May the change bring peace and happiness to all involves. May it all go smoothly. :0)

    ReplyDelete

* Thanks for visiting my blog! * The opinions expressed here are mine. I welcome your comments and discussion, but please, like we tell our children, "use your manners"!