......................................
Have you heard? I've started a separate blog,
The Sugar Sharks, all about our life with Type I Diabetes.
.....................................

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Loving the Lavender

PhotobucketI am really getting into lavender scented items lately. I hadn't thought much about it until this week when I found myself backtracking a few aisles in a store to specifically buy lavender scented hand gel for my desk at work, as opposed to buying the unscented stuff that was on the display right in front of me.


My love of lavender started out with Aveeno Stress-Relief Lotion with Lavender. Aveeno lotions work wonders for my sensitive skin, and I really enjoy this scent in particular. (And, no, this is not a paid endorsement, LOL!) I use this lotion nearly every night. As I thought about it, I realized that I have more lavender-scented items than I first realized... shampoo and conditioner, hand gel, room spray... you get the idea. It smells wonderful, and it has been proven to have stress-reducing properties... what's not to like?

Now I'm considering planting some lavender in my yard this year. I'm no green thumb, but I can handle basic plants. I've been reading some good articles online (like this one and this one) and it appears that I might be too late to enjoy any blooming lavender of my own this year... but I'm not positive. If anyone has any tips or advice, I'd love to hear from you!
P.S. If you'd like to share your own favorite lavender-scented items, that would be great, too.... here are mine:

3 comments:

  1. I love lavendar and plan on putting some out this year as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lavendar. If you plant some, be sure to share about how it goes. I'd love to hear some feedback on it.

    I hope you have a moment or two to breathe this week. I know it's a busy one for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Aveeno Lotion with lavender and oatmeal sounds great. I'll have to try some.
    Is it very hard to grow lavender? I'll have to check out the articles on your post.

    ReplyDelete

* Thanks for visiting my blog! * The opinions expressed here are mine. I welcome your comments and discussion, but please, like we tell our children, "use your manners"!