......................................
Have you heard? I've started a separate blog,
The Sugar Sharks, all about our life with Type I Diabetes.
.....................................

Monday, July 7, 2008

Home Sweet Home

I've been gone since Thursday... did ya miss me? LOL, probably not, since I don't like to announce to the world when we'll be out of town, even though DH wasn't able to go with us. (It's in his contract that he can't take off on 4th of July weekend due to a city festival.) We spent the long weekend in Alabama/ Tennessee for my cousin's wedding, then drove back home yesterday, finally arriving home around 9pm.

The wedding was lovely... don't you just love seeing couples start out on their new life together? The bride was glowing, and the groom (my cousin) was so happy that he was actually tearful at the reception. They didn't have any bridesmaids or groomsmen, just a simple ceremony in a small church that was literally a few feet inside Tennessee, in a town split in half right on the Alabama border. The newlyweds released butterflies on the church steps after their ceremony, which was very pretty. (Apparently you can have butterflies for release FedEx-ed to your house-- who knew??)

It was fun to hang out with some extended family over the weekend. The driving, though? Ugh. It will be a long time before I'm up for another long road trip! :)
P.S. I'll get some crafty posts up later, including the card I made for the wedding.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good weekend. Enjoy settling back in at home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for coming and visiting my blog.
    Butterflies are really neat at weddings. The parents of some of my friends surprised them for their wedding and got butterflies to be released. It was really neat but the butterflies seemed a little sleepy. I think perhaps because it was raining.

    ReplyDelete

* Thanks for visiting my blog! * The opinions expressed here are mine. I welcome your comments and discussion, but please, like we tell our children, "use your manners"!