......................................
Have you heard? I've started a separate blog,
The Sugar Sharks, all about our life with Type I Diabetes.
.....................................

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I'm in love with a glue pen.

Several months back my friend Sarah tipped me off to the fact that you could get a free sample of a new UHU Scrapbooker's Pen if you did a review on your blog. I sent for the sample, fell in love with the product, and then promptly forgot all about posting my review.... oops! So, better late than never, please allow me to introduce you to the wonder that is this glue pen.

I have always been a 3/$1 acid-free gluesticks kind of girl, and it wasn't until I got into doing paper craft swaps that I realized that I needed a better adhesive. Glue sticks just don't hold up to the paper being bent and handled in the mail- my pages were literally falling apart. (I'm still using cheapo glue sticks on scrapbook pages that are going straight into albums here at home, though!) So, I tried a famous name-brand bottled craft glue... it worked, but left some of my papers lumpy or uneven. Ick.

In walks the marvelous UHU Pen... wow! Honestly, wasn't expecting much, but it was free, so I was happy to try it. It turns out to be the adhesive of my dreams... well, it would be if I had dreams about that sort of thing. ;)

It goes on clear, consistant, and sticky. It doesn't leave bumps, wrinkle the paper or ribbon, or drip where it's not supposed to. And, the pen format is great- I keep it in with my pens and colored pencils. If I had any complaints (I don't), it would be that I could see the immediate stickiness being a problem- there's no repositioning with this like there is with traditional craft glues, and once it's stuck, it's stuck. If you'd like to see what I've created using this glue pen, you can take a look at my recent recipe swap pages and cards.

I'm not usually one to gush over a product, but I am really happy to find this UHU Scrapbooker's Pen... and I hope my local craft store carries it! :)

1 comment:

  1. I love glue pens too, but I have not tried the UHU! (That totally rhymes).

    I am glad you like my new blog look, I value your opinion... I only hope it is all working correctly!

    ReplyDelete

* Thanks for visiting my blog! * The opinions expressed here are mine. I welcome your comments and discussion, but please, like we tell our children, "use your manners"!