......................................
Have you heard? I've started a separate blog,
The Sugar Sharks, all about our life with Type I Diabetes.
.....................................

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Spring Reading Thing '09

Updated 5/17/09: If you subscribe to my blog and you're reading this in a feed, I apologize for the multiple bumps! I'm updating this post as I work my way through my Spring reading list.


I always have a stack of books on my nightstand that I plan to read. Always. At the moment, that stack has also migrated onto my dresser.... and that doesn't include my running list of books I want to read that I don't actually have in my possession yet. There simply aren't enough hours in the day for me to read as much as I'd like to!

For this year's Spring Reading Thing, I'm going to try and get through the books that I do have, as well as a few I'll be able to borrow from the library. Here's the list I'm hoping to read by the end of the Spring Reading Thing on June 20th:
  • VOWS: The Story of a Priest, a Nun, and Their Son -- I'm about a third of the way through this true story- it's fascinating.
  • The Maker's Diet -- I'm about halfway through this library book right now. It's a little extreme for me, but interesting. I finally returned this one to the library without finishing it-- it was not practical for my family.
  • One For The Money- a friend loaned me this one. I started it a while back and then lost interest. I need to finish it and return it to her. Review scheduled for posting on 5/21/09.
  • The Excellent Wife- I've had this one in my pile for a while now. It's one of those books that people often refer to, so I want to read it for myself.
  • Just After Sunset: Stories - my sister got me this one for Christmas. It's been a long time since I've read any Stephen King, so I'm looking forward to it.
  • My women's group at church is reading a book to discuss. I need to find my notes with the title and get a copy read by the end of April. This one was "Building Better Families". My review will appear here the evening of 5/17/09.
  • Keeping House: The Litany of Everyday Life by Margaret Kim Peterson- another one that's been on the list a while... if I can get my hands on a copy, I'd love to read it.

Most of my books come from either the library or else PaperBackSwap . If you're not a member at PBS, check it out-- you pay postage to swap out your books, and then you earn a credit to have someone else ship a book of your choice to you. It's a great system for both clearing out clutter and getting new books to read!


5 comments:

  1. Thanks for commenting on my blog! I've heard of The Excellent Wife, but I've never read it.

    ~Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also am wanting to read The Excellent Wife, I just reserved it from my library.

    And...I love paperbackswap!!! I get lots of book from there!

    Thanks for sharing. By the way, where in Ohio are you? I am in Columbus.

    -Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of women keep mentioning "The Excellent Wife" as a good book to read. Now I'm realy curious about it. Do you plan to write a review?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED Keeping House! It's definitely worth getting :) Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd recommend going through the study guide for The Excellent Wife. I think it will help keep you focused without being overwhelmed. (I won't tell you how long it took me to read that book the first time!!)

    ReplyDelete

* Thanks for visiting my blog! * The opinions expressed here are mine. I welcome your comments and discussion, but please, like we tell our children, "use your manners"!