......................................
Have you heard? I've started a separate blog,
The Sugar Sharks, all about our life with Type I Diabetes.
.....................................

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

CVS paid me again. :)

Yesterday's CVS run:
  • Huggies Diapers: on sale 2/$18
  • used 2 coupons: -$1.50 printable, -$2 home mailer
  • *see Coupons.com in my right sidebar for printable coupon
  • received $4 ECBs
  • = like paying $5.25 per pack
  • Revlon Colorstay Mousse Make-Up: on sale $9.99
  • received $9.99 ECBs
  • = FREE
  • Colgate Toothpaste: on sale, B1G1 free (2/$2.79)
  • used $1 coupon from newspaper
  • = $.90 each (x2)
Final breakdown: I had $12.96 in ECB's to spend. I had gone to the website just before we left the house, and watched a quick video, answered a couple of questions, and was rewarded with a $5 off $25 coupon. I paid $9.22 out of pocket, then received $13.99 back in ECB's.... which means a profit of $4.77!

My receipt also included my August freebie, which was a bottle of CVS brand aspirin, "up to $3.69 value". I'll use that on my next trip.

For more CVS deals and steals, check out this week's CVS posts at The Centsible Sawyer and Money Saving Mom . And if none of this makes sense to you, I recommend Money Saving Mom's CVS 101 Primer for a great "newbie" post on how to play the CVS game!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amy,

    Alas, I do not live in the United States anymore, so no CVS, but if I did, I would be on this brilliant CVS thing in a minute. In fact, I have had a CVS card for years and only use it during my annual 2-week visit home. I stock up on tons of stuff that I can't get in England, including their 99 cent children's birthday cards, CVS-brand vitamins and allergy meds, American magazines, Crest toothpaste & things like hydrogen peroxide and Shout. I have emailed the link to your original CVS post, with the instructions, to my mother in NJ. You're a girl after her own heart...a tireless bargain shopper.
    I'll be back. If you want to comment on my blog, visit http://yourgreatlife.typepad.com. I am supposed to be on the IComLeavWe list, but can't find my name, so I think it will pop up in the next day or two. Thanks, Lisa

    ReplyDelete

* Thanks for visiting my blog! * The opinions expressed here are mine. I welcome your comments and discussion, but please, like we tell our children, "use your manners"!