......................................
Have you heard? I've started a separate blog,
The Sugar Sharks, all about our life with Type I Diabetes.
.....................................

Saturday, April 7, 2007

prayer request

A distant relative of mine, Victoria Eilerman, (my grandma's first cousin, not sure what relation that makes her to me) was killed this week. The 84 year old woman was abducted from her home, raped, and murdered: http://www.whiotv.com/news/11538940/detail.html ; http://www.whiotv.com/news/11551451/detail.html
Last night on the 11 o'clock news they had made an arrest & the suspect has already agreed to a deal to plead guilty if he won't face the death penalty. I'm glad, at least, that they have him already so there can be a little closure.

The entire town is in shock. This is a tiny farming community where everyone knows everyone, and almost nobody ever locks their doors.

I am especially concerned about my grandma, who is not in great health to begin with... when she first heard that Victoria had been abducted, she took to her bed. Now that it's been confirmed that she was killed, I'm not sure how Grandma is going to deal with this.

Your prayers for Victoria's family (I believe she has 7 kids & many grandkids) and for my grandma would be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

* Thanks for visiting my blog! * The opinions expressed here are mine. I welcome your comments and discussion, but please, like we tell our children, "use your manners"!