......................................
Have you heard? I've started a separate blog,
The Sugar Sharks, all about our life with Type I Diabetes.
.....................................

Saturday, August 25, 2007

A reunion, thanks to Amazon

It never occured to me that my Amazon wishlist might someday lead to a fun little reunion, but this week it did just that.


I received a package a few days ago containing a Willow Tree angels figurine. I love these, and someday would love to fill the mantle over our fireplace with them. The thing was, I didn't order it... my DH didn't order it... there was no note.. and I was rather confused. I got to looking at the packing slip, and it had my address as the return address, but the name was of a guy, J, that I was good friends with back in high school. Then I was even more confused... was this really the same person? Why on earth would he be sending me something out of the blue like this?

The phone number it listed was in the local area code. It was another day or so before I got a chance to call, but it turned out that yes, this was in fact from my friend from high school. He had been searching online for some old friends, and he found me on Amazon, but he couldn't get any contact info. So, he sent me a little gift as a means to get in touch again. :) (And for the record, my DH and I went to the same high school, so he knows J, too!)

We had last seen J at our ten-year reunion, which was... well, several years ago. J and I chatted on the phone for a while and got caught up on each other's lives, and then we made plans for our two families to get together for dinner next month. All in all, it was a very pleasant surprise in my week!


P.S. Kristofers Blog is giving away a limited edition Star Wars R2-D2 Mimobot 1Gig USB Flash Drive from mimoco . I'm telling you about it only because I have to in order to enter... LOL.... I would really LOVE to surprise my husband with this for his birthday or Christmas! He's a Star Wars fan AND he's getting a new laptop soon... what could be more perfect? So, really, don't enter this contest... please?! :)

1 comment:

* Thanks for visiting my blog! * The opinions expressed here are mine. I welcome your comments and discussion, but please, like we tell our children, "use your manners"!