......................................
Have you heard? I've started a separate blog,
The Sugar Sharks, all about our life with Type I Diabetes.
.....................................

Monday, August 6, 2007

Sitting Here for the Next 15 Years?

Tonight we attended the "parents' orientation" meeting at my daughter's new school. It's hard to believe that she's old enough to be starting preschool already.

DH and I figured out that if all goes according to our plan, this was probably just the first night out of the next fifteen years that we will spend attending things in that gym. That's assuming both kids attend this school through 8th grade, as we're hoping. It was strange to look around that room and realize that we'll be seeing some of these same parents for many years to come. It also made me feel very, very old... it seems like it wasn't that long ago that we were the ones getting new backpacks and heading off to school. Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

* Thanks for visiting my blog! * The opinions expressed here are mine. I welcome your comments and discussion, but please, like we tell our children, "use your manners"!