......................................
Have you heard? I've started a separate blog,
The Sugar Sharks, all about our life with Type I Diabetes.
.....................................

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

WFMW: keeping track of books to read

As I'm browsing around the blogosphere, I often come across books I'd like to check out. Keeping a pen & paper list didn't work for me, because I'm often on my husband's laptop and not sitting at the desk where the list is. So, instead, I've started using my Amazon wishlist to keep track of books that sound interesting. It's also great for kitchen gadgets or beauty products that I want to remember and look for later. It's easy- just enter the title or item name on Amazon, go to the page, and then click "add to wishlist". I usually keep a seperate window open for Amazon and just switch back and forth as I'm reading.

Here's the secret part... I rarely actually purchase these items from Amazon. I very rarely purchase new books for myself, but, I use my Amazon list to keep track of the titles I want to look up at the library or on PaperBackSwap.com.

If you're not using an Amazon wishlist yet, I highly recommend it- it works for me! Check out more Works For Me Wednesday tips over at Rocks in my Dryer.



4 comments:

  1. Great idea! I do use the wish list for things that I want to order in the future from Amazon, but it never occurred to me to use it as a general to do list... If I write it all on a piece of paper, it just gets lost- but I always know where my laptop is!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should also check out www.goodreads.com. You would love it. It is a great place to keep a list of books you have read (and rate them), books you plan to read, and books that you are currently reading. You can also have an ongoing list of friends invited by you that you can recommend and receive recommendations from. And, of course, it is free.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to have to remember this. I've been keeping a pen and paper list, but the Amazon wishlist would be easier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea.

    Any suggestions for keeping recipes organized??

    ReplyDelete

* Thanks for visiting my blog! * The opinions expressed here are mine. I welcome your comments and discussion, but please, like we tell our children, "use your manners"!