......................................
Have you heard? I've started a separate blog,
The Sugar Sharks, all about our life with Type I Diabetes.
.....................................

Monday, October 20, 2008

Give Me Five: Favorite Fall Foods

This week's Give Me Five asks for five fave fall time foods with or with out recipes:
1.) Pumpkin Pie. My very favorite pie. My late grandma made an especially good one, though I really couldn't tell you what she did differently from anyone else.

2.) Pumpkin Coffee. Ok, that sounds weird, and even more weird when you know that the only places to get it are gas stations. Oh, but it's sooooo good.

3.) Vegetable Soup. My adaptation of my mom's recipe (which I posted on RecipeZaar). I make it once in a while in warm weather, too, but chilly weather suits it better. I love putting it together in the morning and having that smell hit me when I walk in the door after a busy day.

4.) Apple Cider. I have to have some this time of year, don't you?

5.) Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies. These are one of my favorites-- that pumpkin just gives them such a different flavor. You can see the recipe over on my cooking blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

* Thanks for visiting my blog! * The opinions expressed here are mine. I welcome your comments and discussion, but please, like we tell our children, "use your manners"!