......................................
Have you heard? I've started a separate blog,
The Sugar Sharks, all about our life with Type I Diabetes.
.....................................

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Home Again

DH and I celebrated our 10th anniversary yesterday by going out of town for the last two nights without the kids. We haven't done that since DS was born, and he'll be 3 in June. We watched CNN without interruptions.... ate meals without cutting up anybody's food... ate at a Japanese Steak House where they cooked on our table... and just generally relaxed while the kids stayed at my mother-in-law's house. It was wonderful, especially after nearly two weeks of sickness at our house.

Do you think it's possible to install one of those tables where you can cook right on the table in my home? I'm pretty sure my kids would eat anything that I could stir-fry right in front of them and flip onto their plates. As it stands now I have to cook their food on my stove (with my back to them) and then put it on plates and carry it to the table= boring. We could definitely liven up meals with one of the Japanese steak house cooking tables.

I'll have Sunday Scrappin' up tomorrow- right now I'm off to catch up on blog reading! :)

1 comment:

  1. We love Japanese steak houses here! I think it would be awesome to cook like that!

    Congrats on the date night! :)

    ReplyDelete

* Thanks for visiting my blog! * The opinions expressed here are mine. I welcome your comments and discussion, but please, like we tell our children, "use your manners"!