......................................
Have you heard? I've started a separate blog,
The Sugar Sharks, all about our life with Type I Diabetes.
.....................................

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Crockpot Bliss

Anyone who has been in my kitchen knows I love my crockpots. I use one an average of three times per week, often more. So, when my big one broke about two weeks ago, I was hurting. We've picked up more fast food and eaten more frozen dinners than usual. I talked to DH about it Tuesday and he told me to go get a new one.. and to "get a good one", in his words. :) Coming from him, that's high praise... he's willing to let me spend a little more because he knows I'll get plenty of use out of it.

After some debate, I ended up with this Hamilton Beach Set 'n Forget 6-quart model.

And let me tell you, I LOVE it! It has all kinds of bells and whistles, including a meat probe that's built in. It will cook the meat until the temperature you set, and then it will turn itself down to "warm" to avoid over-cooking your meat. How cool is that? It also has timed cook settings and a even a manual mode, so you can use it like a regular crockpot if you don't want to mess with all the extra features.

This is not a paid review- I just wanted to share my cool toy in case anyone else is in the market for a new crockpot.
P.S. I'm linking here to Amazon so you can see what I'm talking about... but just between you and I, I paid less than Amazon's price at a local store that starts with Wal- and ends with -Mart. ;)

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm...Maybe I need to use my crockpot more so it will break and I can get a better one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy,
    Just wondering if your Hamilton Beach slow cooker actually cooks slowly? My new 6 qt. Crockpot BURNS things!!!
    I enjoyed your review, and I may be doing some shopping! :-)
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!!
    That sounds like the best crockpot. :)
    I need to get more of your recipes. I LOVE using the crockpot, but find myself short on recipes. Well, short on recipes to use while on WW.

    I'm so glad you got a new one. :) Yay!
    Share some recipes? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Btw, totally off topic, but your card you sent was so nice! I didn't know you made them. :) Very crafty!

    ReplyDelete

* Thanks for visiting my blog! * The opinions expressed here are mine. I welcome your comments and discussion, but please, like we tell our children, "use your manners"!