......................................
Have you heard? I've started a separate blog,
The Sugar Sharks, all about our life with Type I Diabetes.
.....................................

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Ranch Potatoes & Memes Galore

There are SO many fun food memes on Tuesdays!   Check out Tasty Tuesday @ Balancing Beauty and Bedlam,  Tuesdays at the Table @ All the Small Stuff, and  Tempt My Tummy Tuesday @ Blessed with Grace.  I'm linking up to all three today.  I could probably spend a couple of hours browsing through all the yummy recipes!

I'm sharing a recipe here that is currently cooking away in my kitchen.  It's a family favorite, and so easy!  We'll be having ours tonight with this new-to-us  recipe for Delicious Drumsticks and English peas.    This is a pretty frugal meal, too-- I got the drumsticks on clearance for $1.24 (package of 6), the salad dressing on sale for $1/ bottle (won't use the whole bottle), and the other ingredients are all pantry staples.   I'm not good at tracking those exact costs, but all together, I think this meal will come in well under $5 to feed the four of us. 

RANCH POTATOES
4-6 baking potatoes, sliced
1 large onion, diced
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 small bottle ranch salad dressing

Place potatoes and onion slices in a large pot, cover with water, and boil until tender. Drain water. In a round glass casserole dish layer about half of the potatoes/onions, cover with a thin layer of ranch dressing, then a layer of cheese. Repeat layers, ending with cheese. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. Sometimes I also garnish the top with dried chives.

I am attempting to post daily in January for NaBloPoMo's theme of "Best".

1 comment:

  1. Those potatoes sound great!! I am so glad you joined us at Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, this week. Hope you find some great recipes. I know I do, each week. Thanks for sharing your recipe and linking to TMTT.

    ReplyDelete

* Thanks for visiting my blog! * The opinions expressed here are mine. I welcome your comments and discussion, but please, like we tell our children, "use your manners"!