Why is it that everything must happen all at once?
Within a twenty minute period yesterday afternoon:
- got a call from the school clinic about DD's crazy low blood sugars-- I told them I'd come pick her up rather than putting her on the bus
- got a coat & boots on the less-than-happy three year old
- walked out through the garage towards the car, where the three year old promptly vomited all over himself, me, the garage floor, and the driveway
- stripped both of us of our coats and shoes in the garage
- ran upstairs, grabbed several towels & clean clothes for DS, got both of us cleaned up
- quickly drove to school, hoping I wouldn't be the last parent there
- sat in a very long line of cars.... I could see DD, but she couldn't see me, and I could tell she was getting upset (normal for a low blood sugar, let alone the stress of standing there waiting for me when she normally rides the bus)
- finally yelled loud enough & waved my arms so that DD could hear/see me, at which point she promptly broke into tears... and we were holding up the orderly car pick-up line as I hugged her and calmed her down
- got home, got both kids settled in front of the tv
- washed the garage floor, driveway, and got our coats/clothes going in the washer
And within the hour, everything was calm again and you wouldn't have known of our "adventures" if you walked into my house just then. ::sigh:: Who says motherhood isn't exciting?