......................................
Have you heard? I've started a separate blog,
The Sugar Sharks, all about our life with Type I Diabetes.
.....................................

Monday, October 4, 2010

Menu Plan Monday 10/4

I'm looking forward to trying this Restaurant-Style French Onion Soup today for lunch.  The cold, gray weather has hit my part of Ohio and made me crave warm soup.  Too bad the rest of my family won't eat soup every night for supper- I know I could!  :)
  • MONDAY:*new recipe* breadmaker basic pizza dough  (turned into stromboli)
  • TUESDAY: crockpot cube steak (I do mine about like THIS- but I also add dry gravy mix and sliced onions), mashed potatoes, green beans 
  • WEDNESDAY: *new recipe* Cheese Potato and Kielbasa Hotdish, stewed tomatoes
  • THURSDAY:  Pesto Chicken and Penne, tossed salad, cherry tomatoes
  • FRIDAY: make your own beef tostada night  (ground beef, tostada shells, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes)
  • SATURDAY: homemade pizza
We were gifted with a case of vanilla yogurt in individual cups on Saturday-- leftovers from the JDRF  walk.  (Walk update coming tomorrow!)  My kids love yogurt, but I'm afraid we won't use all of it quickly enough.   I'd love to hear your favorite smoothie or other recipes using vanilla yogurt!
     

6 comments:

  1. Pesto Chicken and Penne sounds yummy. I love anything with Pesto.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious! I love soup too.. You could always freeze the yogurt in ice cube trays and that way you will always have some on hand for smoothies? Just an idea and thanks for visiting my blog. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to check out the Pesto Chicken & Penne recipe~I made a bunch of pesto this summer and froze it. Now I'm trying to find good recipes to use it in:) I love French onion soup, too! Sounds like you've got a great week lined up.
    Thanks for dropping by my *place*, too:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good menu!
    I'm trying to turn my kids into soup-likers, but not so successfully. Enjoy yours today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for commenting on my blog! One of my favorite things to do with vanilla yogurt is use it as a fruit dip. It is perfect as a dip for just about any sliced fruit!

    ReplyDelete

* Thanks for visiting my blog! * The opinions expressed here are mine. I welcome your comments and discussion, but please, like we tell our children, "use your manners"!