|my beloved crock pot|
Nearly everything on the supper menu this week is already on hand, as I'm trying to use up what we've got since we've set a family goal to save up for a future trip to Disney. I hadn't planned to use the crock pot so much, but most of what I had on hand works best in the crock pot on busy days, so here it is:
- MONDAY: new recipe: Crockpot Cheesy Hash Browns and Kielbasa, peas
- TUESDAY: crock pot meatball subs, carrots, celery, applesauce
- Meatball subs: Super easy! Take a bag of frozen meatballs (homemade or store-bought) and combine in crock pot with a jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce. Cook on low for 5-6 hours. (Meatballs may become mushy if cooked too long. I set my crock pot on "low" for six hours and then it automatically goes to the "warm" setting.) Serve on hoagie buns with cheese, hot peppers, etc.
- WEDNESDAY: crock pot roast chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans
- Chicken: Make 3-4 golf ball sized balls of aluminum foil and place in bottom of crock pot. Take a small (4lb or so) chicken, rinse, and pat dry. Drizzle with a small amount of olive or canola oil. Liberally shake Lawry's Seasoned Salt all over chicken. Place chicken on top of foil balls (this keeps the bottom from getting soggy) and cook on low all day.
- THURSDAY: family favorite My "World Famous" Chicken Enchiladas (using leftover chicken from Wednesday), rice, corn
- FRIDAY: new recipe: Season's Crock Pot Italian Beef Sandwiches served on hot dog buns (that's what we've got in the freezer, LOL) with carrots, celery, salad, etc.
- SATURDAY: family favorite Unbelievable Baked Buffalo Wings, salad, celery, blue cheese
This post may contain sponsored reviews or affiliate links- see my policy here.