......................................
Have you heard? I've started a separate blog,
The Sugar Sharks, all about our life with Type I Diabetes.
.....................................

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

WFMW: coupons beyond the newspaper

The Sunday paper is a great source of coupons, but often, they aren't high-dollar amounts, or, they aren't for items my family would normally purchase. I've found several ways to get coupons on those items that we do use:

Print coupons of your choice online. Use the box in my right sidebar to print coupons from Coupons.com, a great source. These coupons change at the beginning of each month, so it pays to check the site regularly.

Visit the websites of your favorite products and sign up for their special offers. My email regularly contains special sales offers (I have a special email account set aside for this purpose) and my snail mail on Monday contained the following:

  1. a coupon from Boost Kids Drink for a free 6 pack (up to $14.99)
  2. a flier from Ollie's Bargain Outlet with a special customer discount
And last but not least, if you haven't heard of All You magazine, go pick up a copy! The only place that I know of to purchase single issues is WalMart. The purchase price of the magazine is always more than paid for with the coupons found inside. Don't believe me? Check out Bargain Briana's All You coupon database.

Getting coupons I can use outside of what the newspaper offers... it definitely works for me! Visit Rocks in my Dryer for more great tips.

5 comments:

  1. These are great sources for more coupons! I've also noticed lately that publications like Parents, Woman's Day, and Family Circle often have a "coupon booklet" inside with useful coupons. So much nicer like that with them all consolidated!

    (BTW- LOVE your Fight FOCA button!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going directly to the company's website it a great idea- I've only tried it a couple times, I don't usually think ahead that far. When I do it, as you said, it works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummer I didn't the JoAnn email :( oh well. How did you get the Boost drink? Love Ollie's. The All You mag is put out by Walmart :) it is a good mag and cheap too. Usually though we don't purchase name brand products because even with the coupons it doesn't seem you are saving much. Maybe I am wrong, but then again we usually shop at Sav-A-Lot and Aldi's :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the coupon info and for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having a separate email account for couponing and deals is so simple and yet ingenious!

    ReplyDelete

* Thanks for visiting my blog! * The opinions expressed here are mine. I welcome your comments and discussion, but please, like we tell our children, "use your manners"!