......................................
Have you heard? I've started a separate blog,
The Sugar Sharks, all about our life with Type I Diabetes.
.....................................

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

CVS: my deals on family favorites

I ran to CVS yesterday to pick up a couple of sale items:
Here's the run down:

  • 2 boxes cereal: on sale 2/$5 -$1.50/2 coupon
  • 1 lady speed stick~ sale price $2.50 - $.75 coupon
  • 2 packs Irish Spring soap~ sale price @2.00 each -.50 coupon
  • 2 boxes Alka Seltzer cold medicine~ $6.29 and $5.49 ~ sale price: buy 1 get 1 free - $1 coupon
  • 2 boxes Tylenol ~ sale price $2.99 each - $1 coupon on each one

Total retail cost: $42.97
-sale price savings = - $18.44
-coupons = -$ 5.75
-used two ECB's = -$8.00

TOTAL OUT OF POCKET= $10.78
That's less than just the cold medicines alone!

Now, this is not the best I've ever done at CVS, but, all of these are the name brand items that we prefer, and all were significantly reduced in price. These are the kinds of deals that really make couponing worth it for me!

Edited on Saturday 2/7 to link up with The Centsible Sawyer's "CVS Superstars". Check it out to see the great deals others have scored this week at CVS!

1 comment:

  1. Great job! I love CVS too and get some of my best deals there. Nice to meet a fellow couponer/blogger!

    ReplyDelete

* Thanks for visiting my blog! * The opinions expressed here are mine. I welcome your comments and discussion, but please, like we tell our children, "use your manners"!