......................................
Have you heard? I've started a separate blog,
The Sugar Sharks, all about our life with Type I Diabetes.
.....................................

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Frugal 4th of July Fun

graphic courtesy of Gone Country

One of the things I love about the 4th of July is that it isn't an expensive holiday... we might make some special food, but there aren't gifts to buy, long trips to take, etc. It's a pretty laid back, low stress holiday for us every year- just the way I like it!

My family enjoyed a parade this morning (free); the kids and I delivered red, white and blue popsicles to the residents at work this afternoon ($4 per box, and we only needed one plus a few from the second box); and then this evening we'll watch fireworks (free)... that's IF the rain cooperates. (It's been drizzling on/off all day here. Plan B= watch the fireworks on tv.) For lunch we packed sandwiches from home, and for supper, we're grilling burgers.

Next on my frugal agenda: download some free Patriotic Music at Amazon, and then maybe I'll finally get around to trying this tutorial I've that had bookmarked forever on how to convert songs into free ringtones (by Bargain Briana). After that, the kids & I are going to bake some cookies to take to the guys at DH's police station tonight before the fireworks- they're working their tails off this weekend, and I know they will appreciate them.

Overall, it's a been a frugal and fun 4th so far... I hope yours is the same!


No comments:

Post a Comment

* Thanks for visiting my blog! * The opinions expressed here are mine. I welcome your comments and discussion, but please, like we tell our children, "use your manners"!