......................................
Have you heard? I've started a separate blog,
The Sugar Sharks, all about our life with Type I Diabetes.
.....................................

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Book Review: The Hidden Flame

Hidden Flame, The (Acts of Faith)The Hidden Flame by Davis Bunn & Janette Oke
Return to Blessing #1
PUBLISHER'S SUMMARY: After the death of Jesus, his followers are growing. As Abigail joins the early church, she begins to see hope again. But when two men vie for her heart, can her newfound faith survive a heartbreak beyond comprehension? 

The Hidden Flame sounded like an interesting read, but, unfortunately, I haven't made it past the first third of the book.  I keep picking it up, reading a bit, and then finding my attention wandering. I have started, and finished, several other books in the time since I first began this one, and that's rare for me.  The writing and storyline just don't seem to flow, and there are too many details to keep straight- it's distracting me from really getting into the story.  

I rarely write bad reviews, as I can usually find things that I enjoy in any novel.  This one, however, fell short for me.   If I make it through the entire book I'll gladly update this review.

This book was provided for me in return for my honest review by Bethany House publishers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

* Thanks for visiting my blog! * The opinions expressed here are mine. I welcome your comments and discussion, but please, like we tell our children, "use your manners"!