......................................
Have you heard? I've started a separate blog,
The Sugar Sharks, all about our life with Type I Diabetes.
.....................................

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Video Game Rewards Kids for Checking Glucose

Nintendo DSi Matte - BlackWell, here's an innovation in caring for kids with diabetes that I hadn't heard of yet- Bayer's new Didget rewards children's finger sticks with points in a video game.   The game and special monitor will connect to a Nintendo DS system.

The idea is that rewarding young diabetics with video game points for every drop of blood they give will make the numerous daily finger pricks less of a hassle for diabetic children and their parents.  It's scheduled to be sold in the US starting in May. 

I like this idea, and I know my daughter would love it if we had a DS.  What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I think it is brilliant! Too bad we don't use the bayer monitor, but we have like 3 DS's!

    ReplyDelete

* Thanks for visiting my blog! * The opinions expressed here are mine. I welcome your comments and discussion, but please, like we tell our children, "use your manners"!