......................................
Have you heard? I've started a separate blog,
The Sugar Sharks, all about our life with Type I Diabetes.
.....................................

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

RIP Grandma

My beloved Grandma passed away early Sunday morning.  

In many ways we had already lost her... the last few years had been hard on her.  She successfully fought Uterine Cancer, but her health was never good after those treatments were through.  These last couple of years she suffered from Parkinson's Disease with tremors and dementia, and she had mostly lost her voice.  She had loving care provided at a local nursing home.

That's not the Grandma I'll remember, though.  I'll remember the woman who used to crochet Barbie outfits so fast you couldn't even see her needles moving.  I'll remember the silly elephant cookie jar that was always full of homemade cookies.   I'll remember picking apples and watching her and my mom can vegetables from the biggest garden I've ever seen.  And I'll remember her devout Catholic faith and the big black rosary she had hanging in her kitchen. These, and so many more things... that's what I chose to remember. 

Revelation 14:13     Blessed are those who have died in the Lord;

let them rest from their labors for their good deeds go with them.




3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss. *hugs*

    Eternal rest grant unto her, O Lord, and may perpetual light shine on. May she rest in peace. Amen.

    Prayers for you all!

    ReplyDelete

* Thanks for visiting my blog! * The opinions expressed here are mine. I welcome your comments and discussion, but please, like we tell our children, "use your manners"!