I'm back from my much needed blogging break... did you get my postcards? No? Hmmm... well... a monster must have eaten them. (Monsters are responsible for lots of things in our house lately!)
So, I'm back... and Seven Quick Takes is the perfect way to sum up the random thoughts I want to share today:
- 1.) I enjoyed not writing and just reading other blogs for a change. I discovered a couple of new-to-me blogs, and I cleaned up my reader, trimming some blogs that no longer held my interest.
- 2.) Since I have no other way to deliver this message, I'll put it out into cyberspace here. To the blond lady in the black car behind me this afternoon: I'm sorry that you felt I cut you off. It wasn't intentional. You tailgating me, blowing your horn and flashing your lights for the next mile, though? That was intentional. What did you want me to do-- pull over and beg your forgiveness?! Your rage and gestures made me literally laugh out loud, they were so over-the-top dramatic. (It helped that I drive an SUV that could easily squash that tiny car of yours.) I hope the rest of your day is better now that you've vented all that pent-up rage at my back bumper. Sheesh.
- 3.) My friend Sarah's daughter is getting ready to have surgery to remove her tonsils and adenoids. Please pray for healing, as Hannah has been sick almost constantly in recent months.
- 4.) My daughter turns six in a couple of weeks, and right now we are knee-deep in planning a Princess Party for her friends. This will be her first "kid party"- we've always just done family parties before this. I'm hoping that the crafts and homemade games will be enjoyed by all... some of the parties she's attended for friends from school this year have been big, expensive productions. That's not going to happen here!
- 5.) We had a guy come to appraise our house today as a part of the process in our refinancing our home. We're taking advantage of the great interest rates... anyone else? There's nothing like having a stranger walk through every room in your home to make you realize how much Spring cleaning you need to do!
- 6.) My two year-old got bitten near his eye by another child yesterday. He's fine, but seeing teeth marks on his face today is a little weird for me. His main comment on the incident is "she won't say sorry"... apparently he is more upset by her lack of apology than by the bite itself- LOL!
- 7.) Today is the kickoff of the annual Spring Reading Thing over at Callipidder Days. My to-read list always grows during this carnival. If you're a fellow reader, click over there and join in the fun!